Saturday, September 20, 2014

What the Bible says about Seeking God

I seek God who does what cannot be done
As for me, I would seek God, and I would place my cause before God; 
Who does great and unsearchable things, 
Wonders without number. 
He gives rain on the earth and sends water on the fields, 
So that He sets on high those who are lowly, 
And those who mourn are lifted to safety.
Job 5:8-11

God is faithful to the seeker
Those who know Your name will put their trust in You, 
For You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You.
Psalm 9:10

The diligent seeker receives what he needs
And as He was leaving Jericho with His disciples and a large crowd, a blind beggar named Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, was sitting by the road. When he heard that it was Jesus the Nazarene, he began to cry out and say, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"  Many were sternly telling him to be quiet, but he kept crying out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!"  And Jesus stopped and said, "Call him here." So they called the blind man, saying to him, "Take courage, stand up! He is calling for you."  Throwing aside his cloak, he jumped up and came to Jesus. And answering him, Jesus said, "What do you want Me to do for you?" And the blind man said to Him, "Rabboni, I want to regain my sight!" And Jesus said to him, "Go; your faith has made you well." Immediately he regained his sight and began following Him on the road.
Mark 10:46-52

I will seek the Lord
Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice, and be gracious to me and answer me. When You said, "Seek My face," my heart said to You, "Your face, O LORD, I shall seek."
Psalm 27:7-8

I desire the Lord
O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water.
Psalm 63:1

Always seek God's strength
Glory in His holy name; 
Let the heart of those who seek the LORD be glad. 
Seek the LORD and His strength; 
Seek His face continually. 
Remember His wonders which He has done, 
His marvels and the judgments uttered by His mouth.
Psalm 105:3-5

The one who seeks God will find
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
Matthew 7:7-8

Jesus seeks what is lost
There was a man called by the name of Zaccheus; he was a chief tax collector and he was rich. Zaccheus was trying to see who Jesus was, and was unable because of the crowd, for he was small in stature. So he ran on ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree in order to see Him, for He was about to pass through that way. When Jesus came to the place, He looked up and said to him, "Zaccheus, hurry and come down, for today I must stay at your house."  And he hurried and came down and received Him gladly. When they saw it, they all began to grumble, saying, "He has gone to be the guest of a man who is a sinner." Zaccheus stopped and said to the Lord, "Behold, Lord, half of my possessions I will give to the poor, and if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I will give back four times as much."  And Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because he, too, is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost."
Luke 19:2-10

God is the one who finds
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.
John 6:44

God seeks us
For thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out.
Ezekiel 34:11

Those who seek God will find Him
I love those who love me; and those who diligently seek me will find me. 
Proverbs 8:17

No comments:

Post a Comment